Collecting Personal Information
If you wish to transact on and use the Site, Alphaex.net will collect information about you, including Personal Information. The Personal Information most often collected and maintained in a customer file includes, but is not limited to, name, address for service, government identification, and banking information.
- ‒ Establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you;
- ‒ Understand your needs and your eligibility for products and services;
- ‒ Inform you about trading and financing features;
- ‒ Provide information to you about developments and new products, including changes and enhancements to the Site;
- ‒ Develop, enhance, and market products and services, and provide products and services to you;
- ‒ Process billing and collection of any fees;
- ‒ Conduct surveys and get feedback from you;
- ‒ Deliver products and services to you;
- ‒ Provide you with news and other matters of general interest to you as a Alphaex.net customer; and,
- ‒ To meet Alphaex.net’s legal and regulatory requirements.
Personal information we collect
Personal Information collected on AlphaEX Platform can be used to assist the Government in fight against the funding of terrorism and money-laundering activities. What this means for you: when you open an account, we ask you for your name, address, date of birth, and other identifying Personal Information.
In addition, we are a global company and thus may conduct business and collect Personal Information from individuals and institutions located within the European Economic Area (“EEA”). We are required to protect Personal Information processed in the EEA in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). To understand more about how we protect the data we collect from individuals and institutions located within the EEA, please see the “Privacy Statement for Data Subjects Whose Personal Information May Be Collected in or from the EEA” section below.
Personal Information we collect may include the following:
Individual Customer — We attempt to collect, verify, and authenticate the following:
- ‒ Email Address;
- ‒ Mobile Phone Number;
- ‒ Full Legal Name;
- ‒ Passport Number /or any comparable identification number issued by a government;
- ‒ Date of Birth (“DOB”);
- ‒ Proof of Identity (e.g., driver’s license, passport or government-issued ID);
- ‒ Home Address (not a mailing address or P.O. Box);
- ‒ Additional Personal Information or documentation at the discretion of our Compliance Team.
Institutional Customer — We attempt to collect, verify, and authenticate the following:
- ‒ Institution legal name;
- ‒ Employer Identification Number (“EIN”) or any comparable identification number issued by a government;
- ‒ Full Legal Name (of all account signatories and beneficial owners);
- ‒ Email Address (of all account signatories);
- ‒ Mobile Phone number (of all account signatories);
- ‒ Address (principal place of business and/or other physical location);
- ‒ Proof of Legal existence (e.g., state certified articles of incorporation or certificate of formation, unexpired government-issued business license, trust instrument, or other comparable legal documents as applicable);
- ‒ Contract Information of owners, principals, and executive management (as applicable);
- ‒ Proof of Identity (e.g., driver’s license, passport or government-issued ID) for each individual beneficial owner that owns 10% or more of the institutional customer Entity, as well as all account signatories;
- ‒ Personal Information for each entity beneficial owner that owns 10% or more of the institutional customer entity (see the “Individual Customer” section above for details on what Personal Information we collect for individuals).
- ‒ Device Information – Information that is automatically collected about your device (such as, but not limited to, hardware, operating system, browser, etc.).
- ‒ Location Information – Information that is automatically collected via analytics systems providers to determine your location, including your IP address and/or domain name and any external page that referred you to us.
- ‒ Log Information – Information that is generated by your use of AlphaEX that is automatically collected and stored in our server logs. This may include, but is not limited to, device-specific information, location information, system activity and any internal and external information related to AlphaEX pages that you visit.
- ‒ Account Information – Information that is generated by your account activity including, but not limited to, trading activity, order activity, deposits, withdrawals, and account balances.
- ‒ Correspondence – Information that you provide to us in correspondence, including opening an account, and with respect to ongoing customer support.
You will be allowed to access, review, correct, and ensure the accuracy of the Personal Information you have provided from time to time. We will also do our part to ensure the accuracy of your Personal Information.
Personal Information you provide during the registration process may be retained, even if your registration is left incomplete or abandoned. If you are located within the EEA, your Personal Information will not be retained without your consent.
How we use and share personal information we collect
The Personal Information we collect and the practices described above are done in an effort to provide you with the best experience possible, protect you from risks related to improper use and fraud, and help us maintain and improve our services.
We may share Personal Information with third-party service providers (including those that may be located outside your country), who help us operate our platform and systems, and detect fraud and security threats throughout the normal course of our business. Such third-party service providers are subject to strict confidentiality obligations. In addition, we may be compelled to share Personal Information with law enforcement, government officials, and regulators.
We do not sell customer Personal Information to third parties for the purposes of marketing.
Be aware that bitcoin, ether, and other Digital Assets are not necessarily truly anonymous. Generally, anyone can see the balance and transaction history of any public Digital Asset address. We, and any others who can match your public Digital Asset address to other Personal Information about you, may be able to identify you from a blockchain transaction. This is because, in some circumstances, Personal Information published on a blockchain (such as your Digital Asset address and IP address) can be correlated with Personal Information that we and others may have. This may be the case even if we, or they, were not involved in the blockchain transaction. Furthermore, by using data analysis techniques on a given blockchain, it may be possible to identify other Personal Information about you. As part of our security, anti-fraud and/or identity verification and authentication checks, we may conduct such analysis to collect and process such Personal Information about you. You agree to allow us to perform such practices and understand that we do so.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. Alphaex.net uses cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. No personal information will be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if You previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregated cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You may access and verify your Personal Information held by Alphaex.net, by submitting a written request to: [email protected]
Alphaex.net has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever You change or access Your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once Your information is in our possession, we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
Alphaex.net does its best to protect and safeguard Personal Information, but there are protective measures you should take, as well. Do not share your Personal Information with others unless you clearly understand the purpose of their request for it and you know with whom you are dealing. Do not keep sensitive Personal Information in your e-mail inbox or on Webmail. If you are asked to assign passwords to connect you to your Personal Information, you should use a secure password and always use two-factor authentication (2FA), where available. You should change your password regularly.